The automobile tire is a component in the round-shape. It is used to transfer the vehicle’s load to the ground with the help of axle. Most tires have inflated structure and used to absorb the shock as the tire rolls over.
Modern automobile tires have very different materials than old one and more flexible. They include the natural rubber, synthetic rubber, fabric and wire, and carbon black with the other chemicals. Automobile tire consists of body and tread. Tread offers the traction and body give control for a capacity of compressed air.
What are the Components of an Automobile Tire?
Some essential elements of the automobile tire are tread , rain groove, sipes, Bead, Wear bar, Sidewall and plies
- Tread is the part of tire that touches the road surface and the more the rubber touches the ground, the more the traction occurs.
- Rain groove is used to pump water out for smoother ride.
- Sipes provides the tire to run off the road or rough surface.
- Bead contacts the rim on the wheel and reinforced with steel wire also.
- Wear bar is present at the bottom and used to indicate that the tire has reached its wear limit.
- Side wall is the bridge between the tread and bead. It contains large rubber.
- Plies are the layers that prevent tire from stretching due to internal pressure and holds the shape of tire also.
- The associated components are wheel, rim, valve stem and inner tube
What are the specifications of Tires?
The automobile tire has many specifications like; Inflation pressure load rate, TPMS, speed rate, service rate, rotation and wheel alignment.
- Vehicles have tire pressure monitoring system that alerts the driver when the pressure goes down
- Inflation pressure allows safe operation within the vehicle loading and the loading rate.
- Load and speed rating is specified by the manufacturers, and the tire is specially designed for load and speed rate.
- With the heavy load, some tires service rating is for a long time and some for a short time.
- Wheel alignment is the process to check the caster, toe angles and camber.
- Rotation is moving the car in the different positions.
Why do you need to replace the Automobile tires?
Check the tread of tires and if they fall below 1.6 millimetres in the depth than replace them.
As the tire wears down, the tread wear indicator bar becomes more visible as compared to the new tires.
The cracks in the sidewall are also the sign to replace tire, and especially when you see cuts and tracks in the sidewall.
Bulges and blisters on the tire and the too much vibration can also be the cause of replacing tires.
How to save the Automobile tires?
It is very imperative to know the tips of how to save the automobile tires. We are sharing you with the best tips and tricks to save the tires and save your money.
- Keep up the pressure because the little pressure can wear out the tire.
- Do not drive very high speed.
- Do not overload the vehicle.
- Keep your spare tire with you.
- Inspect your tire condition.
- Check the rotation and alignment.
We are providing you with the complete guide of the automobile tire. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact us. We always respect your valuable suggestions and try our best to provide you with the right answers with the detail. If you want to know more about automobiles, you can check our other articles which are describing the complete guide to your problems.